Summer may be drawing to an end but party season is still in full swing! Enjoy yourself at every summer soiree without any of the post-party guilt. These 8 easy tips will have you tackling BBQ season like a pro.
1. Always pre-game (the right way): Enjoy a healthy and filling snack before you go to the party. That way, you won’t be as tempted to overdo it at the main event.
- Some great NatureBox snacks to nosh on:
2. Portion-control is key: Many people tend to overeat at parties. Don’t fall into the temptation if you’ve already had your fix.
3. Fill up on healthy fruits and veggies. Pro-tip: Make at least half your plate fruits and veggies and smaller portions of less healthier options.
4. Dress (your salad) to impress: Bring a sensible appetizer or dish so there will be at least one healthy option to eat. Get creative and make an Asian Chicken Quinoa Salad in Orange Cups or keep it classy with Shrimp Ceviche Shooters.
5. Have your cake and eat it too: Indulge in your favorite food - whether it be a hamburger or a cupcake - and combine that with healthier sides so you don’t feel as guilty giving in to your cravings.
6. Get moving: Toss a football, take a swim, or dance the night away. Active additions to parties will help you get rid of extra calories.
7. Be aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to where you are in relation to food. If the bowl of potato chips is right next to you, move it away so you don’t mindlessly consume the whole bowl.
8. Stay hydrated: Alternate those delicious mojitos or other sugary alcoholic drinks with a glass of water as these can pack on a ton of calories. Bonus: Chugging water not only keeps you hydrated but will help to avoid those pesky hangovers.
Where are you taking your snacks this summer? Share your snacking adventures with NatureBox snacks in our summer contest. Follow us on Instagram, tag @naturebox and use #TravelingSnacks for a chance to win 2 months of free snacks!
Not a NatureBox member? Choose from over 100 deliciously wholesome snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today and get your first box on us!