by Angie Ramirez for NatureBox
Looking for a fresh party or entertaining idea? Create 7-Layer Dip in mini mason jars or small cups using fresh and healthy ingredients.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- Layer 1 – re-fried beans (look for the vegetarian canned re-fried beans)
- Layer 2 – guacamole (recipe follows)
- Layer 3 – shredded cheese
- Layer 4 – sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Layer 5 – peeled & diced cucumber(or black olives)
- Layer 6– diced tomatoes
- Layer 7 – sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of one lime
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
3. Layer all ingredients in small jars/cups (you can also make it is one large dish for a crowd). Top with more diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro. Serve with chips.
Note: For a baked version, try this super easy Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips Recipe.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.