Recipe by Angie of Little Inspiration
Don’t throw away your overripe bananas! You can use them for this yummy recipe for Banana Nut Muffins. This recipe is also vegan and made without milk or eggs. You can even add your favorite nut or dried fruit. It’s easy to make and full of ingredients that you can feel good about!
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup of organic brown sugar
- 1 cup of overripe mashed bananas
- 2 TBSP of organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix all wet ingredients (applesauce, sugar, bananas, syrup)
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients (four, cinnamon, salt and baking soda)
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mix and mix well.
- Add walnuts if desired.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with liners
- Fill cups 3/4 of the way full with batter and add walnuts on top if desired
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin pan for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!