Recipe by Angie of Little Inspiration
This morning, we are having mini pancakes! These pancakes are delicious and healthy. With only a few simple ingredients, you can cook these up for your family in a snap. You can do full size pancakes or create mini pancakes as a perfect size for the kiddos. Add fresh fruit and maple syrup to enjoy these yummy pancakes for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon)
- In another medium bowl combine all wet ingredients (milk & eggs)
- In a large bowl add wet & dry ingredients and mix well.
- Batter should be lumpy.
- On a medium skillet at medium heat add oil or butter.
- For easier use: Use a clean ketchup dispenser and add pancake batter to easily disperse on the pan.
- Pour a small amount of pancake batter on skillet and flip once bubbles start to form. Flip over and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Maintain pancakes in a 200-250F oven until ready to serve.
Notes: You can change buttermilk to whole milk or any other milk of your choice.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!