by Lori Yates for NatureBox
Need an effortless dinner idea? Whip up this hearty and wholesome pesto pasta with diced chicken and vegetables!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 8 ounces whole-grain medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup pearl-size fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- Bottled balsamic glaze (optional)
1. Heat large pot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and almost cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add peas; cook 1 minute.
3. Add pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, pasta and reserved pasta cooking water to skillet; toss until well combined. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Serve immediately garnished with pine nuts, basil leaves and balsamic glaze, if desired.
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.