by Lori Yates for NatureBox
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 cups cooked and chilled brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup NatureBox Sriracha Roasted Cashews
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until almost cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
2. Add red pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add onions and edamame; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Add rice; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Push rice to sides of wok, creating a well in center of wok. Crack eggs into well, scramble vigorously with spoon; cook 2 minutes (keeping eggs in well) or until eggs are full cooked.
4. Add cashews, soy sauce and white pepper; toss until all ingredients are well combined.
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.